Sunday, March 8, 2009

It Ain't Margaritaville This Time

The Old Man is going on a little trip. It's not my normal run to the coast, but rather an errand of some degree of mercy. Gotta go up north where they will probably talk funny.

Since the Iwo Jima series, I've taken a few days to lick my literary wounds, but during the hiatus, I've managed to jot down a whole new stack of blog subjects. When I return, I'll get right to it.

I'm actually going to the Eastern Shore of Maryland. To get there, I will have to go perilously close to Washington D. C. I plan to sneak by quickly so none of the silliness there can attach itself to me. Wish me travel mercies.

Back in a week.

4 comments:

Chele said...

Safe travels Jack. I love the eastern shore of VA and Maryland. I hope nothing in DC rubs off on you too.

I look forward to your return and your stack of posts.

Anonymous said...

We used to visit Chincoteague Island, just 4 miles south of the Maryland line on the Eastern Shore of Virginia. We would take the longer route to go across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel and up Route 13 to get to Crisfield, Maryland to take the boat ride over to Tangier.

And that was before these days when I would do just about anything to avoid D.C. It was a prettier drive, too. :)

Traveling mercies, Jack.

Chele said...

Jack I think my success comes from the tomatoes being in the direct sun for 10 hours a day and the Liquid Miracle Grow. lol!

Anonymous said...

Safe Travels Dad and hurry back!